Friday 6 June 2014

Camino Day 20

Date: June 6th
Start: Muros
Stop:  Santiago
Distance: 0
Weather: Rainy and cold
Summary in one sentence: Time for a taxi ride.

Pouring rain a 60+ km ride back to SDC so I opted for a taxi lift which is not really cheated because I am go back to SDC.  Made a ton of sense.  Dropped at train station and pushed bike back to my casa 'Se Alquilan Apartamentos' near the Porto Camino.  Thrilled to pass an outdoors shop selling camino buffs which make great souvenirs and I have not seen since Santo Domingo.
Wandered around in the rain utilizing my repurposed umbrella.   Took in pilgrims mass again.  Visited the Peligrino museum and the church of San Francisco where I received a second compostela celebrating its 800 years of service to pilgrims.
Very lucky to bump into some new friends from a few days past and had an enjoyable dinner with Suzie from Ottawa and Deon from Netherlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment