Wednesday 15 August 2018

Music on the Move

Pic from Outdoor Ukulele website

A guitar noodler since a teen but in recent years I have become quite smitten with the humble ukulele.  I have a because Kala tenor thin body travel uke that play almost everyday either alone or with others through music Facebook and Meetup groups.

Recently I've a desire to bring my ukulele along on some travels and outdoors activities but not really keen on exposing my $350 Kala to the possible rough and tumble.  Outdoor Ukulele has come to my rescue!  This Bend, Oregon company makes a line of all weather, composite polycarbonate ukes that are very reasonably priced and play surprisingly well.  Check them out:

www.outdoorukulele.com

I purchased a beer bottle brown soprano with low G strings and a strap button.  The tenor is probably a better fit for my size but I have a tenor uke and the smaller overall size will be better for packing.  It only weighs 15 ounces!


Cool translucent composition

I must say that I am truly impressed with the sound and action on this little uke.  I restrung it with my favourite Aquila Red strings with low G.

As arrived
On Gozo

In the bag

Killarney train station waiting room








No comments:

Post a Comment