Monday 31 July 2017

Seat Post Rack



For my Montague Paratrooper evolution rebuild I tried to keep the weight down which is one of the reasons I did not install a rear pannier rack.  The logic there is that if I needed to take my full panniers I would use my rack equipped Bike Friday.   The reality is that for all day rides or light over nighters some form of carrying capacity is required.

After some research I purchase a Fitzer Rear Seat Post Rack from MEC ($44.50).  It comes with a quick release seatpost attachment so if not required it is off.  The 10 kg capacity is plenty for day trip cargo and nicely holds my old Kirkland rack bag.


Lisa and I rode the Lochside trail from Swatz Bay into Victoria this past weekend and as we were traveling light I tried out the new rack/bag system.  Worked just great with enough capacity for Air B&B overnight gear and using a bungy net I was able to carry my Keens walking sandals on top of the bag.



I the evening we were joined by our son Sam and for a ride around the downtown I just unclipped the rack/bag combo and left it behind in our room.  Pretty slick.





No comments:

Post a Comment