Wednesday 21 May 2014

Camino Day 1

Date: May 18th
Start: MadridStop: Pamplona
Distance: 3 hrs. Train ride snd approx. 10 km around Pamplona
Weather: Clear and hot (30 degees +)
Summary in one sentence: Multi modal - taxi to Atocha train station, train to Pamplona, cycle around city  and to hostel.

I enjoyed the train ride to Pamplona - train trips are still kind of a novelty to me.  A station I promptly assembled bike and just as promptly got lost.  A kind local lead me to the street I needed to get to the Hosel Hemmingway where I wouldd spend the night.Wandered around the old city centre and visited the 18th century Vauban star fortress (which is now a park) and the Plaza del Castillo.  Enjoyed  a 'menu' dinner which included a bottle of local vino tino for €13.

No comments:

Post a Comment