Wednesday 21 May 2014

Camino Day 4

Date: May 21st
Start: Viana
Stop: Santo Domingo de la Calzada
Distance: 63 km
Weather: Sun with shoers, mucho wind
Summary in one sentence: Challenging day of getting lost and head winds.

Bad nights sleep thanks to sleep apnea roommate in the albergue.    Started out at 7:30 with quick cycle in largish city of Logrono where I promptly got lost.  Thanks to two kind locals I found the Camino route out of town to Navarrete where I stopped for rest and second breakfast.  Very windy ride to Najera where I resorted to pushing to make forward movement.  More wind and a long hill before arriving at the interesting to of Santo Domingo.  I was quite flayed by this time so I opted for a room in the Hostel la Catedral (€30) to ensure a good sleep.  In Spain a hostel is low cost hotel.  A shower and nap to rechsrge and off to explore the town.

1 comment: