Thursday 29 May 2014

Camino Day 12


Date: May 29th
Start:  Villafranca del Bierzo
Stop: Pedrafita do Cebreiro
Distance: 30 km
Weather: Rainy
Summary in one sentence: Rainy staging day

As weather is meant to improve tomorrow and I have the final mountain climb to O Cebreiro just ahead and it would be nice to do this in fair westher.  Therefore my plan for the day was to do a short staging ride be be well positioned tomorrow.  A fairly casual ride and steady climb to Pedrafita do Cebreiro which is about 9 km from high point. Good idea as I was completely soaked by the time I stopped.  A warm wet rather than the cold type for a change.
The countryside is as very fetching with the hills and lush valleys as I now enter the region of Galicia.   The cycling route follows the old N road which is now very  free due to the most of thr through traffic taking the new autoroute nearby.
Interesting first  for me was a pharmacy vending machine in a small village dispensing such things as sun screen, bandaids and baby food.

No comments:

Post a Comment